Built in the 14th century for defence this wonderful castle is positioned on top of a rocky hill in a panoramic and strategic position overlooking the surrounding valley. From its origins until 1940 the property was owned and inhabited by the Marquises of Saluzzo. The castle was enlarged and embellished over the centuries, until it reached its present appearance with the restoration of the structure and construction of splendid Ghibelline battlements designed by the architect Alfredo d’Andrade at the end of the 1800s. The castle was once again equipped with the typical drawbridge and with its four corner towers of the central keep, the structure recalls a medieval manor. After passing the drawbridge and a fortified door one reaches entrance to the castle which consists of two residential levels connected by a large monumental stone staircase and two spectacular central galleries which separate the rooms. On the ground floor is the entrance with splendid cross vaults, medieval friezes and a large window overlooking the valley. There is also a large main salon, a master bedroom with a stone fireplace and coffered ceilings richly decorated with blazons of the Marquises’ families, a large kitchen, the original 14th century well, a large bathroom, a second living room with fireplace and a private study. On the upper floor are the bedrooms, the appurtenant bathrooms and various salons among which is the gallery of the Italian Risorgimento containing a collection of rare military historical relics, weapons and uniforms concerning the Risorgimento and the Unity of Italy. The view from the second level terrace and the towers of the Castle is priceless. The property includes a 600 sqm terraced garden entirely enclosed by embattled walls where is the swimming pool built in the ancient fountain and the surrounding grounds that extend for about 12 hectars.